What does the Mental Health Work Group Do?
Since its inception in 2015, the Mental Health Work Group’s objective has been to educate, collaborate, share resources, share data and support one another in the arena of mental health. They are composed of member agencies including government, academia, mental health providers, nonprofits and etc. During the bi-annual Border Health Consortium of the California’s meeting on May 17, 2018 the work group directed by Justine Kozo, Chief of the Border Health Department for the County of San Diego and Dr. Marcela Romo, Director of the Mental Health Hospital in Tijuana, Mx mentioned the work groups achievements since the birth of the group:
- Annual Bi national Mental Health Symposiums
- Mental health first aid trainings
- Human rights research and involvement
- Research on bi national mental health
- Migration and its effects on mental health
- Their next symposium will take place in October, 2018 with the topic of how does mental health affect every other area of diseases such as cancer, obesity, tuberculosis, etc.
If you are interested in joining the Mental Health work-group achieve it’s vision of collaborating bi nationally with the topic of mental health please contact Juan Olmeda at email@example.com