The Binational Mental Health and Migration Symposium held on October 13, 2017 at the Mental Health Hospital in Tijuana, MX was a complete success! We had the following presentations done by wonderful researchers, professors, doctors and amazing professionals in their field.
- Opening Keynote presentation: Two Decades of Research on Transnational Migration Between Mexico and the United States and Substance Abuse by Dr. Sergio Aguilar-Gaxiola, Professor of Internal Medicine University of California, Davis
- Mental Health and Migration, and its Impact on Mexicans Returning to Mexico by Dr. Rogelio Zapata, Director of Healthy Border, Mexico-US Border Health Commission (Mexico Section)
- Consulate Services for Mexicans in the United States by Ambassador Marcela Celorio, Consul General of Mexico in San Diego
- Expert panel and discussion: Migration and its Impact on Binational Children in the United States and Mexico
- The Mental Health Impact on Vulnerable Migrants: Children and Older Adults by Dra. Marcela Romo, Medical Director, Tijuana Mental Health Hospital and Dr. Israel Castro, Psychiatrist, Tijuana Mental Health Hospital
- Closing Plenary Presentation: Migration, Deportation and Mental Health by Dr. Bernardo NG, Medical Director, Sun Valley Behavioral Medical Center